Saturday, July 21st
What better way to spend a warm, summer's day than picking fresh, delectable produce that will have your taste buds begging for more! Nothing screams summer like the delicious, taste of sweet corn and blackberries! On Saturday, July 21, head to Linvilla Orchards for the Sweet Corn and Blackberry Festival! Spend the day picking fruit, enjoy a hayride through the fields and orchards, and check out the live entertainment. Linvilla has fun for the whole entire family!
Don't miss out on the jam-packed day of activities Linvilla has planned for you! The picking starts at 8 a.m. and is followed by a full list of events throughout the day.
- Linvilla's very own Beekeeper, Warren Graham will be displaying Linvilla's observation beehive, discussing honeybees, and beekeeping from 9 am until 5 pm.
- Elizabeth Rosenberg, from Philabundance will be talking about the projects that they are working on at 9 a.m.
- From 9:30 a.m. till 12:30 p.m., Officer Offbeat will be making his way around the farm entertaining you while on stilts with his fantastic juggling skills.
- At 11 a.m., Makin Music takes the stage! Sing, dance and play along.They'll havegames, contests and more.
- Costume Character's will be making appearances throughout the day! Strawberry Dog, at 11 a.m., Bouncing Tiger at 12:30 p.m., and Curious Monkey at 3 p.m.
- Linvilla's annual mouth-watering Pie Eating Contest occurs at 2 p.m. There are brackets for kids and adults with great prizes.
- Learn how to plant and maintain your own fresh, blackberries with Shirley Kline at 12 p.m.Shirley is the proud owner of Happy Valley Berry Farm and has a tremendous amount of knowledge in the berry department; so don't be afraid to ask her any of your "berry" important questions!
- Visit Toni McKeon, the herb gardening wizard at 3:30 p.m. for Herb Gardening 101! Toni knows everything there is to know about herb gardening and is willing to teach the first time gardener's her very own tips and secrets.
- Laugh and enjoy John Cassidy and his amazing show of comedy, magic, & REALLY weird things with balloons at 1 p.m. and 4 p.m.
If you're hungry the Linvilla Grill and Farm Market offer plenty of options. Make your garden as colorful as Linvilla's by picking up the summer necessities at the Garden Center. Linvilla Orchards is a 300-acre family farm dedicated to agriculture, education and entertainment, and is located at 137 West Knowlton Road, in Media, PA. Call 610-876-7116 or visit www.Linvilla.com.