2012 Chadds Ford Days “the details”
Admission is $5 for Adults. CFHS Members are FREE
Kids, Dogs and Parking are FREE!
“Celebrate Brandywine History”
- Chadds Ford Days: September 8 and 9, from 10 am to 5 pm both days. This outdoor event takes place on the grounds of the Chadds Ford Historical Society located on 1736 Creek Road in Chadds Ford, Pennsylvania. Click here for Directions.
- Civil War Reenactors commemorating the 150th anniversary.
- Antique Cars from the Friends of Auburn Heights Preserve!
- Live music both days featuring The Brandywine Creek Boys, The Skyline Band, Jefferson Thomas, and Steve Liberace.
- Activities for Children include games such as Tug of War, colonial dress-ups, hay rides, special demonstrations by the Junior Guides and so much more.
- The c. 1725 John Chads House and the Springhouse (currently interpreted as it was in the 1830’s when it was used as a one-room PA schoolhouse) will be open for free tours with beehive oven baking demonstrations at the Chads House. Bread baked in the beehive oven is for sale at the fair for $4 a loaf.
- Doggie Demonstrations
- Visitors can relax at a table in the shade, listen to live music by one of our popular bands and enjoy great local eats from Brandywine Prime, Jimmy John’s, Brandywine Catering, Maggie Moos and Mushrooms Cafe.
- Juried Crafters, Fine Art Show, Colonial Demonstrators making their wares include pottery, gunsmithing and chair caning.
- Colonial Tavern featuring Victory Beer and Chaddsford
For more information: http://chadds-ford-historical-society.org/
Location: Chadds Ford Historical Society, 1736 Creek Road, Chadds Ford, PA 19317
This event is appropriate for: the whole family
Cost: Adults $5, children and members free, free parking